There are two new options for the Role Panel.
1) Role Hierarchy Visibility – You can now enable users to see the entire Role Hierarchy, regardless of their own role.
A new Permission Set called Akoonu Pipeline Review Manager contains one Custom Permission packaged with the app. This permission gives users full visibility of the hierarchy, regardless of their own role.
- This custom permission will automatically be added to the System Admin profile (or which ever selection you make during package install)
- The user(s) must also have access to all the deals for the data to show up correctly in the views, headers, and subtotals.
This includes visibility the Org Level node when that option is enabled too.
2) Org Level Role – If your role hierarchy has multiple top level roles, the app can now present an Org Level at the top of the Role Panel that is visible to all users in the top level roles. See the Documentation for instructions on how to enable this feature.
Advanced Group By Options
Four new Group By Options have been added to the package. The first is enabled by default:
- Owner Name
The other three are installed, but need to be activated in the configuration metadata, depending on your own usage of Salesforce’s features.
- Product Family
- Product Name
- Opportunity Contacts’ Leadsource
On these groupings, it is possible (likely?) that an Opportunity will have more than one value. For example, a deal may have contacts with more than one unique Lead Source, or the deal may have products from more than one product family. When this is the case, the Opportunity will put into all applicable groups. Therefore, it will appear more than once in the table view, and its value will be counted in each groups subtotal summary data. However, it is still only counted once in the top level summary totals.